Friday, March 24, 2006

Kaleidoscope

So dog-tired from last night, I only pulled myself out of bed at around 11am. Even after having slept for like 11 hours I still felt groggy.

Kaleidoscope was okie. I still don't think putting 2 groups on one night rocks, given how it's gets so packed up like sardines in a can backstage. And having a 15 minute rehearsal at 3+pm sucks, cos' we aren't even performing till what, 8.45pm?!
The idea of having the band (especially percussion) to move all the instruments on stage in 10 minutes is just crazy, taking into consideration the fact that they had to get the instruments offstage after rehearsal just hours before.
Worst, imagine having to perform again tonight, adding in 2 other aesthetic groups. ...-thinks hard-

I think the graduating batch can't have it worst. No graduation song, unlike during Xinfony(s), and I simply cannot figure out why there was no school song last night. I really can't. In a nutshell, I don't tend towards this whole concert.

Nonetheless, I had fun. Went to Marina Square for window shopping and dinner and there was a fashion show going on at the newly-opened Puma shop. Saw leggy female models and suave male models with deep-set eyes. Stupid talks about this particular poster at Yoshinoya, and it was downright dumb. And we talked about vegetables, though I was pretty switched off for the most part of it cos' I was getting real tired. This always happens before a performance.

The hours flew past quickly and we then headed to the washroom at the Esplanade to change. And horror of horrors, I saw my tutor there. =x But, nevermind about that. The lightings inside were pretty bad though, and we had problems checking if the foundation on our faces were even or not. Haha. Took some photos of our reflection in the mirrors in the restrooms and it was pretty weird. Went out to the open area to "catch some merlion's water" -rolls eyes- I wouldn't have believed it if I did not actually see tourists doing that hours before, and now it was our turn. -dots-

Back at VCH, Steph got so worried and anxious when she couldn't find her paperbag. After rummaging through some tens of bags, LY and RF said they found it outside where she last left it. And as we waited at the dining area, it started to get pretty warm. Played with cameras there and chilled out for a bit before we got ready to go onstage.

It was a little screwed, but what the heck. And Rf teared. -Poorthing! I'll play my webcam with you if you're still unhappy k? Haha. Btw, looks like his sms was meant for you instead and not me =)- Inspite of that, I'm pretty proud of the fact that it was an All-Girl-Percussion I played in last night, except for Biing Yih =)
As we turned to face the audience before getting offstage, I actually spotted Rennie in the audience. Haha. One of the very rare times I actually see people I know from onstage.

People injured themselves last night, most probably cos' of the narrow steps at the theatre. One fell down the steps right before us and we just gasped. For a moment, she couldn't pick herself up, probably had her legs caught in the stand she had with her. -ouch!- must have hurt big time cos' she landed head first I think. Yikes.

Anyway, then, something not so nice happened, and we got pretty pissed. Ok, make that VERY PISSED. The nerve of that girl!

So we left VCH, taking more pictures on the way to the mrt Station, with my mismatched footwear....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home