Sunday, March 12, 2006

I woke up at 9+ today, a first since the start of my holidays, cos' I never seem to sleep past 8am, till today that is.

Went back to alumni last night, and they got a cake for Daniel, whose birthday is today. It was an odd-looking cake (the chocolate syrup looked like mud). I later got to know that it was a self-made cake using pandan cake. -scringes- It must have tasted pretty horrendous. So they very kindly smashed the cake with his face, and yes, he complained that it tasted weird.

Another cake was then brought in halfway through rehearsals, and they switched off the lights and stuff. Reminds me of my birthday at NYPF. Haha. Ok, let's just drop it cos' I didn't even know whether my birthday cake tasted nice or not.

So, Prince of Egypt turned out to be a little tricky, especially at the fast part. And the other song gets me running to instruments like a busy bee. =x Cheated on the four mallets part a little, cos' I really weren't in the mood to sight-read properly. Played through the song like twice before I realised I missed out the bass clef and played that few bars in the treble clef. No wonder it sounded so out of place.

I brought home Prince of Egypt, only to realise that I should have brought home the other as well. What a goondu head!
Found RF's hair bright =s and Carol was all red and white. Haha, I told her she looked like she dressed up for National Day and she suggested climbing up the flagpole. Haha...

Today, SPU'S new snares are here, and I got to use them! Lol. Damien said we were smart to use the new ones when there were old ones lined up next to them on the floor. Hmm, but frankly, it wasn't intentional. =x

My drum roll using the traditional grip sucked, but nonetheless it was fun. And hearing the piece with all the groups (snares, cymbals, bass, toms) got me excited. Aisyah's 'idea' to do a 'rim' 'inspired' Damien to add that in to the actual piece and ya, I'm working on it.=)

Will be adding in the 'stickworks' or (is it called something else instead) soon, but that's after we master the piece, I think. Just the resting position and the 'preparing position' got us tickled. By the way, it was an all-girl session today, with the exception of Damien, and 6 snares made us half-deaf.

Initially, I went for SPU rather reluctantly today, cos' the weather just wasn't exactly nice. But apparently, things I do not look forward to ends up rather enjoyable and ok, and vice-versa. Does it happen to you too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home