Tuesday, March 14, 2006

-edited-

I finally went swimming today. Since the school holidays have started, it was pretty crowded everywhere, and I'm so rusty. Felt pretty breathless swimming to last than half the length of the pool.

SB couldn't join us, she's been kept busy at work. Had Linn for company, and I wore my Crocs! Yes, my RED Crocs! Linn expressed dislike for them, haha, and said my clothes didn't match. =x It wasn't supposed to.

I supposed a number did stare at my Crocs. Lol~ but, they're really quite comfortable. Oh, and I finally got to wear my swimming costume too! Haha. It has this big hole at the back and now I've got a dark circle on my back. Got a little tanned, and I quite like it, though it's not very obvious.

So we took a shower after swimming, and I'd brought this sample packet of body shower cream (those that comes in mags) and dove hair shampoo (those small bottles kind). In the shower, I couldn't tear open that body shower cream packet, and so I borrowed Linn's. Turned out, she didn't have shampoo with her either. We did an exchange, which I found pretty amusing.

Got fries from the complex, pippin' hot and NOT soggy. Thick and salty. Haha.

Headed to Hougang Mall, and at the bus interchange, these 2 guys approached us, darn, with surveys.
They started making small talk (one asked if my Crocs were comfortable) and started their whole crap on savings. They kept harping on how small I looked, and how I appear more to be a primary/secondary school kid rather than someone from a polytechnic. I was this close to telling them "Get a Life!" but figured I'd better not. One of them even touched my head, and said something about it, which I couldn't really make out. I swore I looked disinterested the whole time, why couldn't they go figure?!

Let me recall the questions/remarks (STUPID), or rather VERY IRRELEVANT, he asked:
-are those Crocs comfortable?
-have many people asked if you're from primary/secondary school?
-why are you so shy?
-ehhh, be more responsive leh, we like duck and chicken leh. -pause- you know, like I'm playing the guitar and you're the cow? (wth)
-you're very rich hor?
-you're like a little girl leh, cute cute one, (or something to the extent)
-i know i'm lame la (after cracking a not-very-funny joke)
-why you all go swimming not tanned one huh?
-you like algae ah? (applicable only to Linn cos' that's what the guy asked after seeing her green nail polish

In a nutshell, those 2 were pretty crappy. My eyes rolled throughout the whole session.

Things got better as Linn bought her chocolate milkshake from Mac's and the chicken, and we proceeded home after taking neoprints.

I looked like I had my hair dyed in the neoprints by the way. Interesting day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home