Monday, September 22, 2008

skating on ice

Travelled all the way to JE again, like any other Monday. BUT this time, not to school (for which I'm really glad). p/s: All that Monday blues are non-existent when you're heading to all other places EXCEPT school and work.

Met HL and Stephie for a session of ice-skating today. Their lunch didn't look appetizing at all, especially Stephie's meepok (which was very much similar to what I had at ChompChomp last night). Pale yellow noodles and sparse looking bowls with a big cabbage (or other veg of some sort) are now, for me, a sure-tell sign for non-delicious meepok.

When we got onto the escalator on the way to the rink, we came across a KBOX ad on the board and almost simultaneously, HL and I went, "Eh, can we go K instead?" As we handed our $15.10 over to that lady behind the counter, we were still having second thoughts. Nonetheless, we got through the barrier (the physical one), and got our skates and $3 gloves (which we thought looked like those the durian sellers used). We spent about 15 minutes, I think, just putting on the skates (which weighed quite abit)


And so Stephie had the honour of being our coach for the day, offering FOC lessons. We 2 amateurs really gave her a hard time, and I think we held on so tightly her right arm's aching >.< oh man, so sorry jie. Haha!

When they cordoned off this area for official lessons, we were forced to make our way from one side to the other WITHOUT any railings for support. Guess it did help in a way or two, because I did manage to make it to the other side on my own! Whee~! I was really ecstatic, so nevermind that Stephie said I looked like a penguin walking. The best part was learning how to skate without even falling ;)

The most ironic? Falling AFTER learning how to skate, AND when I got really near to the railing. Must have looked really stupid cuz all around me were people who got the hard knocks falling on their behinds with a loud 'thump' sound or something similar and mine had me holding on to the railings and kneeling right in front of it. =.=

I think we must really be healthy cuz we actually spent 2 hours at the rink, skating, without any jackets. I must stress none of us wore long-sleeved tees or the likes. Must be all that laughing that got us really hyped. Gloves sucked cuz my black skinnies and shirt had all that furball-like thingy all over it, but it served its purpose well having kept my hands really warm and all. HL and Stephie's gloves paled in comparison cuz their palms felt like they've been in the freezer. Haha!

This was the only pic of us we've got today, and it isn't sharp cuz I think HL and I were trying to balance ourselves staying still for this shot. And maybe, our coach was trying to maintain her balance taking it as well! :) She really did gave us a scare cuz she DID lost her balance after this, and nearly fell! Lol. In any case, we were just laughing and laughing and laughing we got so exhausted from all that laughing rather than the skating.

I had so much fun I wouldn't mind doing it again. Uh, but it's quite an expensive sport. Haha. Oh ya, and thanks Stephie! for that strawberry sundae. (I can't keep count of the number of ice-creams I've had in the past month) By the way, I really think you should save that $. Haha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home