Monday, June 12, 2006

Today, there was a Beautiful Sunday performance at the Esplanade again. Somehow, it has become a monthly getaway for Evelyn and I. Haha, we're probably some of the faithful followers of Beautiful Sunday. Today's performance was the combined alumni band concert - Yuhua and RiverValley High, I think.

Frankly, I don't think they had enough practices. The first piece was terribly jarring to the ears for me, just plain messy. Subsequent ones were pretty ok I guess. But, what's with the dancers? Anyway, all those were only my own humble opinion, I reckon I can't really decide between a GOOD band and a mediocre one anymore.
Trash was quite well done though.

After the performance, another started at the top bottom concourse ( or is it the top, Evelyn?). This was really an eye-opener. Performers from Australia, with their "whirlies" (is that what it's called?) and some other instruments which really sound like the handbells. "Whirlies" (or so I shall name them henceforth) look like your average tubes hanging out from your washing machines, those where the water comes out from?... They had it in different diameters and are colour coded to their different C, F and i forgot what harmonics. Each tube, which's custom-made, can produce 6 different tones, depending on how first you whirl them around. It's really cool! You have to see it to understand what I'm trying to explain here.

We then proceeded to do some window-shopping at Marina Square, and had Anderson's ice-cream. YUM YUM! Danish Nougat's really nice, and so is Strawberry & Cream! And we saw Chen Weilian. He's not bad-looking in person, but is shorter than he look on TV. Ohoh, then Eve had an upset tummy and while waiting for her outside, I saw this couple with the "whirlies"! I didn't know you could buy those. I saw the man holding a bag containing 2 "whirlies" while waiting outside the ladies' for his gf/wife. And when it was his turn to go answer nature's call, his partner took over the "whirlies" and started whirling outside the toilet!
I mean like, come on, I know it's a good place there with all that big empty space and all, but shouldn't you act someone your age. I would understand if a child played with it, but an adult?! Irksome.
Then this lady who was waiting outside for her boy started staring. When the one who was whirling caught the other staring, she then tried to dismiss it, calmly putting the "whirlies" back into the bag, and, STARTED HUMMING!?
-faints-
To date, I think she's one of the most childish adults I've seen. =s

The whole of Marina Square we searched, and no suitable belts. Why is it so hard to just find a normal black belt, without any glittery stuff....?
Ok, so I ALMOST bought this black belt with a big shiny star at the front. Hee...nice la, but I think it'd be a waste when it goes out of fashion, given the alarming rate at which fashion's morphing all the time.

Think I gotta go sleep. Nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home