Monday, May 22, 2006

Why must common tests be before our 2 week break. This sem's modules are killers, and everything's not looking good.

Went to East Coast for dinner last night. Had all the high-cholestrol stuff like bbq-ed stuff. It was really warm. But nonetheless, the good food made up for it!

Yesterday at lunch, the topic of BGRs came up again. I got pretty irritated to be honest. And what joy when you're told to go "hunt" for one, when no one's even interested. Impeccable timing. Ha. Ha.

It is so not funny. I just have this occassional urge to go against everything and everyone and be a real meanie. But then again, the consequence of breaking loose and to create mayhem would be too great a price to pay.

In the evening, on our way to my aunt's, there was this discussion in the car about sex. Daddy tried to explain stuff. Unfortunately, he likes to talk in circles, and I'm pretty much in my own world. I didn't really get his point. The same thing happened on our way back home.I was just completely lost, and mum had to translate what he meant to me.
She nearly fainted.

A small excerpt:
Daddy (upon sighting a Toyota Wish car): (sings)make a wish, make a wish~
Mummy: Make a wish died already la. Vic Chou's not even famous anymore...
Daddy:But he now lian2 shen1 gui4 zi3 already la. (lian shen gui zi's sth you wish a newly married couple) You know the woman in Da Chang Jin? That one, that one~~~ the one who became a lady.... Chang Jin's friend.
Me: Oh, that lian sheng ah?
Daddy: Ah, ya la ya la! Vic Chou's acting with her in a new show.
Me: Oh is it? Eh, so what is the lian shen gui zi thing about? Like no connection leh...
Daddy: (Yadda yadda, trying to explain by repeating everything again...)
Me: [Silence]

I mean like, huh???? Haha, and then mummy also tried explaining. I didn't get it. But I just muttered "ok" and said I got it. I think it was supposed to be some weird connection he was trying to make with the words "lian shen" la.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home