Saturday, June 14, 2008

Last night turned out slightly better than I imagined it to be.

All thanks to my brother who tagged along for dinner, I suppose it lessened the awkwardness. (p/s: my brother looked really adorable in that $2 lens-less specs from Daiso). I felt like poking at his eye the whole time through the frame. He did deserve some poking making me wait for 45 minutes!

We had steamboat and my dad ate like, ALOT. He was just stuffing the food down his throat because we had so much leftovers. My mum was really glad that my dad played a good host; she was amazed infact.

I don't know why but I think we ended up sitting next to each other in the car, during dinner, and supper.
Except after supper when we gave him a lift back I was seated right next to my father in front.
I was kinda scared because he was speeding the whole time, changing lanes and speeding up even when nearing the vehicles in front, then swerving left and right.

Then we took a walk around Clarke Quay, Singapore River, and that stretch to Merchant Court. I had my finger at the tall buildings that lined the Singapore River and rattled off the names. (Act smart because I think I could see better and managed to rattle whatever names I could see on the buildings actually :x )
Besides, he wouldn't know whether I've really gotten them right. Hehe!

I still don't know much about him, but he actually met my grandma cuz my mum brought him back to let him look at our flat here in Singapore. =.=
Ok, I did learn something about him, and that's that he eats very little (much lesser than me! or maybe he was just paiseh) and that he can stay up for 2 nights in a row without sleep to finish some serial. =/

The long walks did aid in digestion, and my legs nearly gave way from all that walking because I wore really high heels.

By the time I got home, I was just like tired out.

Need a sabbatical to reflect and recharge.
Someone else's gonna leave the company and it's uber-demoralising. Especially when those leaving are those you can get along with better. I don't understand how you can have 5 people leaving in 2-3 months. The turnover's just appalling and I think it's time they factor in departmental turnover as a consideration for staff appraisal.

Ok, time for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home