Sunday, July 22, 2007

20072007

Done-ed. Well, almost.

Ytd, 2 presentations- CLAW in the morning, WIL at night.

CLAW
Mr Poh's group did theirs right before ours.
Double the stress, BECAUSE:
1) their group was before ours
2) their presentation was good, anyone could see it was way better than ours...
3) though the cases we picked were different, it happened to be on the same topic about oppression.
In a nutshell, I couldn't breathe easy just watching them present.
Almost died when our turn came to present, because there was this large part of our law video where I looked super auntie with my hair tied up, and I rattled on and on like a bullet train. Horrible stuff, and I ended up with a headache for the rest of LAW tutorial.

The headache persisted till rehearsal for WIL. AND, my feet started to hurt with the new heels. Think I grimaced a little in pain while Tang the tutor kept reminding us to smile.
Towards the end of the rehearsal, we realised that our initial plan for preparations of refreshments was not workable because time was too tight, making it completely unfeasible. Tang and us panicked. Fortunately, we found an alternative.

WIL
Lecture ended early, and we got a lift from Tang to LT 26, with all our barang barang. Promptly met up with the rest and got started with preparations for the photo exhibition. While the rest made a border with pieces of black construction paper, the 2 coordinators got busy with their "chapalang design". We insisted that the photos depicted a "chapalang community" and thus it fitted well with our "chapalang design". Anyway, after the event, I heard that few actually even stopped to look at the photos. =x

Anyway, putting up the photos took quite a while, we even had friends outside the group to help. By then, I was already soaked and a bit dizzy just constantly squatting and getting up arranging the pictures. People, like steph and fang and friends started coming 10 minutes before the stated time, it was just like !!!!
Then, one said the director's already seated, which made things worse. Scrambled to put on the school blazer and to get my cards.
Walked around, and got all panicky and busy, even though I don't know what made me so busy. I think I was just really nervous. Apparently, my partner was worse off, I had to pull her along to get her down with me to start.

The turnup wasn't exactly fantastic and way below our target. But, I guess I can do not having TOO MANY people around. Haha...
Started pretty late, not too sure how late though.
Complete darkness with the spotlight on us, and I was temporarily blinded.

Freaked out, even with the small turnup.
And I seemed to be reading during the coordinators' speech.
I was extremely glad there were positive responses from the audience when they watched the video. I was really afraid that it'd be boring. and, I'd really slogged it all out for all that mere 10 mins of that clip.
Screwed up a little with the hosting, but let's not get down to the details. Heh...
Also, we were supposed to have said "goodbye and goodnight" together, but I forgot. Haha...

Heaved a big sigh of relief after we were done. And went on to entertain the big shots, and fielded their "incessant grilling". Didn't really know when to pull the plug so I just stood there and got "fired". After the big shots were done, the not-so-big ones took their turn. This time, I had the cocktail refreshment during "grilling" because all of us were starving by then having skipped dinner.
We took loads of photos again, with the bigshots and alumni. I think the pics we've taken for this module alone far surpasses the number of pictures I've taken for the whole of year 1 and 2.

So, the team looked happy and all, which I think is most important. =D

And a big thank you to those who came! =D

Oh! And I got a lift home from Car's dad, cuz her aunt stays near my place.
Day before, after rehearsal, I also got a lift home from Tang the tutor, cuz she stays at Bishan. Wahaha...

Then it got all very anti-climax when I got home, and I was staring into my space and took really long to finish that box of chee cheong fun.
And I got decent rest finally, in a really long time, having slept 12 hours till 12 pm today.

1 Comments:

At 1:45 PM , Blogger Lynette said...

I'm so happy for u soonie.
Great job!
*pat on the back*
*huggies*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home