Monday, May 15, 2006

SPU yesterday was much dreaded, seeing how the weather yesterday was just fit for a nice sleep-in. When the weather gets uber hot, the 151s are always non air-conditioned. Ironically, along came this air-conditioned 151 yesterday when it rained, and I was freezing throughout the bus journey.

It gets pretty stressful playing alongside Mel, I don't know why. Particularly so when we did Jazz Variants yesterday, this amateur struggled to get her rhythms right, and Mel played hers like she didn't even need to think or something. It felt hot at the studio, though it was air-conditioned, and I kindly attribute that to high-level stress resulting in me breaking out in cold sweat. Even so, it felt quite good. Minus Mel and all that me feeling inferior thing, I do quite enjoy practices. It just feels good to make music together.

Still somehow, it appears that I have lost the ability to count, properly that is.
It didn't seem so tough before, trying to hit that note at where it should be...yet, it just doesn't feel so right anymore. I don't feel it.
I hope it's just because I haven't been practising, and not because I just lost IT all together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home