Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My cousin read my autograph book yesterday, and I took a look at it this morning when I woke up.

I realised that, despite leaving their contacts in that book, we haven't been contacting.

This particular friend, with whom I was classmates with from primary 1 to primary 6. We roughed it out together through those years, only to lose contact now. It's kind of sad...I hope she's well. A very intelligent girl, but a person of few words. I wonder if she's changed, be it in looks or character.

Some others... they are now those whose contacts are on my msn list, but we're not talking. =s I think it'd be kind of awkward if we start saying "hi" and "bye" and nothing else. The last primary 6 class gathering on my birthday 2 years ago really turned out funny. -shrugs-

But then, there are those, or rather, a handful (by that, I meant less than 5) like Celia and Chern Wei, whom I'm still keeping in touch with. Just the night before, I was on the phone with one of them for about 2-3 hours till 1+ am in the morning. With her, it seemed like we'll never run out of things to yak about.

And, there's this entry in the book that's filled with scans of neoprints. Unmistakeably, that had to be Linnette's. She's one the rare ones I know who just love taking photographs. Haha... her camera have been put to good use, for parties, homecoming, chalets, barbeques and yadda yadda.

Inside the book too, are all those senseless poems. My cousin read one out aloud yesterday, "Violets are red, Roses are blue, whatever so, our friendship is true" Pray tell, how can a violet ever be red, even though, yes, roses NOW can be blue. -raises eyebrows-

As I, or rather, we grow older though, this autograph book's been replaced by autograph cards instead. Before we parted ways after our O's, my clique gave out cards in stacks of 5s (we had 5 people in the group then) held together using a paperclip. I believed we gave out about 30 odd or so of those, but only less than 20 were returned. Well, 2 of those were autographs written by guys, and in all my years of education, that was the first I've got guys writing autographs for me. Haha.
That autograph book I was talking about before, only girls have written in it.

Oh wells, so much for autographs... all fond memories.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home