Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Right Timing
By Katherine Carrera
I don't know how or why it happened, but perhaps I shouldn't ask.
You came out of nowhere, my prince that made me laugh.
Talking for hours about anything and everything and nothing is not an easy task.
Liking you the way I do, people must think I'm daft.

Thinking of you makes me smile, a silly little grin like I had when I was young.
I wonder why we hadn't met sooner, seems as if fate didn't want us to cross paths,
Till years have passed, and we've both lived lives with different tunes that have been sung.
I don't know where to go from here, don't really know how long happiness lasts.

Destiny is a funny thing, because we don't really know what it means,
How do we know what we're meant for, who we're meant for, and why.
Feelings can be wrong, and what was once true blue can turn into the color of faded jeans.
Where do we find the answers, can we find it or will uncertainty be as infinite as the sky?

I can't believe we've walked the same halls, saw the same people, and sat at the same places.
Yet we were just like ghosts that kept passing through each other, never seeing, never touching.
Your name didn't even ring a bell, you were just another person amidst a thousand faces.
It should've been my books that you were carrying, my hand that you were holding.

How do we know what's real from what's not, what's worth it and what's not,
Do we let go of what's past so we can move on, but will you be there when I do?
Eternity is forever, time is so vast, and our existance is but a tiny dot.
Do we step forward and take a risk, since our lives seem entwined and time left is so few?

I'm nervous and I'm scared, I really shouldn't try again.
What if you hurt me? I've been through a lot, too much hurt and tears.
Do you really think I should let my heart soar once more - but when?
I know I say I'm alright when I'm really not, there's just so many fears.

Who's to say what's to happen now between you and me?
Do we make the moves, do we make the choices?
Do we just wait and just let things be?
Do our hearts get any voices?

I don't have the answers, and perhaps neither do you.
Maybe I'll just continue to be me, and you to be you, my prince charming.
Maybe a sign will come, something for us to take cue.
Maybe we'll just wait and perhaps now we'll have the right timing.


Another to think it over. So I can clear this away. I remember saving this a very very long time ago, cos' I liked it.
Sometimes, it really is just a case of meeting the correct person at the wrong time, do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home