Saturday, July 26, 2008

Spruced up my room because it was still a little messy and to my great delight, I found a crisp blue note!


I did read somewhere, eons ago, that hiding money at corners (or some other places you least expect to look into) would be a good way to brighten up your day. I suppose surprises do really add joy (the good ones I mean) so YAY! I'm now 50 bucks richer (though it doesn't really make a diff if you did the math)


Yesterday's meetup was not as awkward as I'd imagine it'd be. Our table of 9 was one of the rowdiest around at MOF. Btw, food there's yummylicious! YL's recount of her camp experience was LOL-funny and there were some really wince-worthy moments amongst them. Like the "banana-feast" and "pseudo lifesaver"....shall keep it at that.


And, midway through her recount, this diner from the other table came up to us with small packets of gifts in his hands and asked us for a favour. Turns out, these gifts were for a friend of his, who was celebrating her 25th birthday. "She likes to receive gifts from strangers," he said. I thought it was pretty interesting and ya, we were trying to guess what was inside the wrappers.

But I thought it'd be quite irritating for her cuz on and off, you'd be getting strangers coming up to you with these gifts and you wouldn't be able to enjoy dinner properly. =/ IF she did have 25 gifts like what a friend speculated. Haha! That said, I suppose most wouldn't mind surprises like that on their birthdays...


When it came to splitting the bill, again, I think we really put accountants to shame! Hahaha. YL got around to doing the math (with a calculator XW volunteered, hahah!) while we sat around and wait. You know, can't work on an empty stomach, can't think with a bursting one.

Just a few hours ago, Carol and I went to watch Singbellz Fest'08 by Dam and group. Quite intriguing, the amount of coordination needed between the handbells players, especially for the semiquavers. However, it bordered on being slightly boring, I'd say "percussion anytime over the bells". Still, I had a personal favourite. =)

Primrose had an impromptu player - the HK conductor's baby girl. Carol insisted she sounded like the sun with the baby face in Teletubbies. =x

Anyway, I got home and fretted over directions to Sentosa =( and Mum called and asked if I wanted to join them for supper.
Which explains why I'm still blogging here at this ungodly hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home