Friday, September 29, 2006

Yesterday

I always thought my voice sounded somewhat different over the system. I thought my voice was deep. I don't know why. I didn't think that I had a high-pitched voice. Therefore, it was indeed baffling when people mimicked my apparently "high-pitched" voice. And over the phone, they go, "eh, you sound different over the phone..." When we were made to do voice recordings using casette recorders for playback as practice for O's English oral examination, it was like, "shriek! is that me?!"

Met up with HY yesterday to pass him 14 dvds/vcds. Darn it was heavy! If you're reading this, I'm telling you, you'd better watch every one of that lot. I lugged it all the way from hougang to Dhoby Ghaut. Haha. Due to some miscommunication, I expected him to be waiting at the NEL station instead of the NSL's. If I'd known, I would have taken the NSL. =s

He was late, I was later. I ended up latest and rushed over to Cine to meet the girls. First thing Sher said to me when I met them? "Soonie, please don't laugh at my pregnant wear..." Tell me how not to! I almost choked on my chicken rice when SJ told me her brother's coming. Well, though it took me a while to register what she meant by "coming", but ya. Horrors.
System sucked. And mic sucked, because the cable connecting the mic to the system sucked. Stephie sieved through those nuts in search for some brown nut; I was just happy to see those twisties. We had this "praying stuff" going on (those where you try to make a stick to fall out or sth) and I dropped a few nuts on the floor, which we later crushed unintentionally. It made the room look a little messy though. The first beverage, some honey plus ___(?) tea was so sweet I seriously suspect I might get decays after a cup. The second, rose tea, tasted kind of funny. I scooped out all the roses before drinking and left them swimming in a puddle of tea on the platter. Which explains why whenever I lift my cup up, I got some rose tea on my jeans.

We didn't dance, though we stood. I thought SJ's brother had a unique voice. Haha. Sher said it sounded a little like Jacky Cheung, was it? He didn't jump on the couches like SJ said he would sometimes. Guess we were all just being nice people and exercising some restraint. Haha. Heck, we didn't even know his name!

After we parted ways with SJ and her brother, I thought of my earrings, cuz' it seemed kinda quiet without the jingles. =x (Yes, they said they could hear my earrings jingling before they see me)

So that was it for KBox.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home