Friday, November 04, 2005

The computer, or rather, the internet, is an eevviill thang. Coz I find myself coming online for hours at end, and logging off realising that I haven't managed to do anything productive for the past few hours.

detest that thoroughly.

I killed this humongous cockroach a few nights ago. Can't believe my luck, I'm the only one at home who've seen lizards (two) and that cockroach in my now-not-so-new house. It's only been a year plus since we moved, from the fourth level of this same block, to the tenth.

Back at my old house, I've seen lizard droppings all over my bedroom (ok, make that a study room coz' I rarely sleep in that room actually). And it irks me each time I've gotta use a tissue to wipe it off and water to get rid of that stain. Yucks!
And big mommy decided that it wasn't enough leaving those behind, they decided to set up a small family (IN MY ROOM), and soon enough, I saw their second gift- BABY LIZARDS. (Is there a particular term for that? Like puppies for 'baby dogs'?...)
Cute would be too good a description for them (though I might like to take that into consideration on account of their smaller mass-es), but they have such an ugly darker-than-grey-but-not-black colour. They run a hell lot faster than their mummy, and it's just so yucky. I actually did manage to bat a bigger one, and that darn tail was moving even after it's been separated from the body. God. I wish there was a better invention than insecticide. Insecticide only works for ants, in my humble opinion. It serves NO PURPOSE at all with lizards and cockroaches, in my house that is. They scramble away so much faster than the insecticide pray coming out from that nozzle.
And the worst? After failing to stop the pest in its track, you leave behind a trail of slippery and stinky liquid. I bet the insect must be sniggering away when it watches you slip and sit on the floor.

So much for the uselessness of the insecticide.
Back to the cockroach I got rid of, (without the help of insecticide).
For a few minutes, we both engaged in a game of hide-and-seek. I almost broke a bottle of salt and sugar in the midst of the game. It ran all over the kitchen top. Stoves...basin, and finally on the floor. And so I threw on it the slipper I had been holding onto the whole time I watched it run. Squashed flat. LOL.
And then the feelers wouldn't stop moving. Ugh. So I slipped my foot into the slipper and stepped on it, cuz it refused to die though it's body's been flattened. I know it sounds kinda sadistic and morbid, the way I killed that cockroach, but you should bare in mind the fact that it was a larger-than-the-average-cockroach-at-your-house.
But, in a word of fairness, I must say, it put up a great fight. Took me 2-3 minutes of stepping before that feelers stopped twitching.

So much for that cockroach versus me duel.
=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home