Monday, January 12, 2009

today

Audition for further perc elective was on today. Walking down NIE's corridors brought back fond memories of NYPF!

Heart in mouth when he called me into the room. Trembled a little as he proceeded to ask, "Any experience in playing? With which band? Who was the conductor? Do you play piano?"

Started with the marimba. Took the mallets and almost started off on the wrong octave, and proceeded to play about 16 bars before he asked me to stop...There were bars and bars of semiquavers I got kinda freaked out. Continued with the snare which had lots of drags and somehow I screwed that up real badly. Rhythm was way off because the drags threw me off track and I couldn't even play the crotchets and quavers properly. zomg. I PRAY I get this elective.

Laying hands on the mallets felt like saying hi to a long lost friend. :)

Anyway, Dad asked if I'd like to go pick mum up, like he always do. Except, this time round, he asked me to go alone. I stared at him, and he said, "Or later ask your brother to go with you la."
Not a chance, since my brother wasn't even home.

Usually, we'd leave the house at 1015, and then I'd slowly drive there, under his supervision and nagging. Haha. Today, I waited till 1030 only to realise he'd fallen asleep infront of the television. So I screamed for him to wake up, and just when I thought he'd relented and decided to come along with me again, he passed me the car key and said, "You know where the exit is, where to turn right? Don't miss it ah."

So I wound down the windows and switched to my favourite radio station and went off, ALONE.
Oh, and it only took me 15 min to reach Mum's workplace. =x
My parking skills always go haywire at night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home