Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Of oranges, aunties and goals (perhaps the lack of it)

Ran errands for grandma on my way home.
10 oranges, and 2 packets of vegetarian charsiew buns.

There was only 1 packet of buns, and the oranges didn't look very 'nice'. So I only grabbed 6 of those I think made the cut.
But when queuing at the cashier's, I saw many many aunties with very nice oranges! The whole time I wondered where they got it, but went ahead with making payment.
On my way out, I walked past the crate from where I picked my oranges, and I saw that there were more! So I proceeded to pick 4 more, and while I fret over the many dents I saw of those that remained, one of the workers told me there were more at the other end. =.=

I must have been blind! I DID walk to that same spot earlier on but didn't see any oranges! NOW I see them...
I felt stupid but nonetheless comforted that at least 4 of the oranges would be 'flawless'- sans the dents and all the what-nots. (because there were really lots more to choose from!)
But to my dismay, I couldn't find any. :(
I think the aunties took all the good ones =x

Anyway, for the past 2 hours or so, I've been scouring through websites after websites for job applications for my resume-writing assignment. It's tough.
I realised then, I have no clear goals. Talk about self-knowledge and identity...
Diversity is a double-edged sword.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home